Sunday, October 11, 2009

Baked Potato Soup

I have not wanted to cook the last few weeks. I realized I needed to have something for my lunch the next few days and it has turned cold in WI. I decided to make potato soup.......I don't really follow a recipe but this one is the closest.

Ingredients

4 large baking potatoes
2/3 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup flour
6 cups milk
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
8 ounces sour cream

Wash, dry and prick potatoes with fork. Bake in 400 degree oven for 1 hour or until done. Let cool. Cut into half length wise and scoop out pulp; set aside. You can throw away the skins or use them for something else.
Melt butter in heavy sauce pan over low heat, add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.Gradually add milk, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
Add potato pulp, salt, pepper, half the bacon and 1 cup cheese.
Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in sour cream. Add extra milk if needed for desired consistency. Serve with remaining green onions, bacon and cheese.


**I baked my potatoes in the microwave.
***I have fried the bacon and used that fat to make the rue with the flour....

No comments:

Post a Comment