Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Kung Pao Chicken


I found this recipe on the Tasty Kitchen website. I would cut back on the chili flakes. My first attempt of making this was rather spicy.




3 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Dried Red Chili Flakes
1 teaspoon Corn Starch
¼ cups Chicken Broth
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
½ teaspoons Sambal Oelek
1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
1 tablespoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Hoisin Sauce
1 teaspoon Corn Starch, Dissolved In 2 Tsp Cold Water

Marinate: In a bowl, combine 2 tbs soy sauce, chili flakes and corn starch. Add chicken that has been chopped into bite size pieces. Stir to coat and let stand for 10 minutes.
Prepare Sauce: In a separate bowl, combine chicken stock through hoisin sauce. Set aside.Heat 2 tbs oil in a non stick skillet. Add chicken and marinade. Stir fry until no longer pink. Add prepared sauce and simmer 5 - 10 minutes. Add the dissolved corn starch to thicken.

I did not have the Sambal Oelek which can be found in the Asian section so I omitted it. I think it is like a chili powder.......

No comments:

Post a Comment